Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Maybe One and Terrible Two

The first 2 levels of a Billion Dollar Agent happen long before he or she actually becomes a Billion Dollar Agent. These are the “maybe” and the “terrible two” levels. This is the point when you are considering breaking into the real estate business or second guessing your decision to do so. This is when the reality that real estate isn’t such an easy career choice comes crashing down upon you.

To quote our book, Billion Dollar Agent: Lessons Learned:

Maybe I will try real estate. Maybe I will dabble in real estate. Maybe I will think about it for a few more years. Maybe I will work part-time in real estate.

Maybe I will get my license, get a job at a local franchise, and try to sell real estate. Maybe real estate is not such a good idea. Maybe real estate is not for me. Maybe the market is too soft to make sales right now. Maybe I don’t like all the stuff you have to do to be a real estate agent. Maybe I did not know that when I got a job at this firm, my pay would actually be $0. Maybe I did not know that besides getting a job that paid $0, I actually had to pay a few thousand dollars to maybe sell real estate. Maybe this isn’t for me anymore.


Maybe, maybe, maybe. If you are at this point, then you are unsure if this is the business for you. You need to stop right now and decide if real estate is the career you want to be in. You need to either change your career plans or take the necessary steps to get to the third level. Setting goals will help you achieve that.

No comments: