A good real estate agent will take the time to look at things from their client's point of view. In order to be a top agent, you have to become what the customer wants you to be. The best way to see things like a client is to think about what it is that you would want from a real estate agent.
Here are some tips that are often given to clients on how to choose a good real estate agent. Read through this list and then see if you would meet the criteria. If you fall short, then rethink what you are doing and make changes so that you make yourself more appealing to clients.
- A good real estate agent won't just focus on their commission. They will be interested in helping you to find what you want. They should not get mad if you don't want to buy a home or if you need time to think.
- Look for an agent who has experience. If you are selling, then look for someone who has sold homes in your neighborhood. If you are buying, then look for someone who has recently closed deals and gotten buyers good prices.
- Look for an agent who makes real estate their career. Part time agents who are doing real estate on the side may not be able to give you the attention that you need and deserve.
- Ask around to get recommendations on what agent to go with. You want an agent who is friendly and has a good reputation. Personality is a big thing in the real estate industry. You don't want a cranky or rude agent that you have to deal with during this process.
You may not consider your safety when you are working, but there are a lot of dangers lurking about. As a real estate agent, you are going into homes, meeting strangers, and really putting yourself out there. That means there are a lot of chances for you to be at risk.
There is no quick fix for this challenging real estate market, but there is something that can give you a chance to help your business grow and actually thrive. One of the best ways to help your business is to hit the internet. If you are not already established on the internet then now is the time.
- Set up a website. With about 80% of buyers going online to look for an agent and to shop for homes, if you don't have a website you are missing out on many chances to make money. - Learn as much as possible about SEO. You need to understand SEO inside and out to get people to your website. You also need to understand the value of well written content. Content plays a huge role in search engine rankings and will really help you to get your page to the top. - Maintain a presence. People know when a website is being used and when it is there for pure show. You need to stay active. Post things online on a regular basis. Join social networking sites and make yourself personable. When people can relate to you and feel like they know you as a person then you have abetter chance of getting their business. - Get help. Lifebushido offers many great services to help you start and maintain an online presence You can get help with article writing, website development and everything else you need to help you build a strong online presence
Every new real estate agent starts out with big dreams and ideas about how they will launch their career and one day reach that Billion Dollar Agent level. Nobody starts out thinking they just want to do okay or barely stay in business. So why do so many agents fail to reach that Billion Dollar Agent level? There are many reasons, but here is a list of the top mistakes new agents make that keep them from the BDA level:
- They do not have a solid business plan. - They fail to set goals. - They do not focus on their special skills and unique talents. - They do not set a budget. - They do not use team members efficiently. - They do not have the tools they need to do the job, like a reliable vehicle or a cell phone with unlimited calling. - They do not put enough money into marketing.
This is really just a small list. There are many little things that go into creating a BDA real estate business. It is so very important that every new agent who wants to reach the BDA level starts off with all the tools, resources and the right mind set.
There is no doubt that the market right now is a buyer's market. That can make it quite hard on sellers and more difficult for you. This type of market makes selling a home, earning a nice profit and moving properties quickly, all tasks that are quite difficult. Trying to explain that to a home owner can be a challenge. Many home owners just want to make the sale fast and get a nice amount of money for their home. They do not want to hear that doing those things will not be easy.
It is your job to make sure sellers understand the market and that they understand selling in a buyer's market can be challenging. Here are some things that you can do to help make it easier for sellers during this buyer's market:
Provide them with plenty of proof about housing prices in their area for similar homes. Having proof upfront will make it much easier to explain to them why you need to set the price lower than they may want. Disagreements over price tend to be quite a problem during a buyer's market. Sellers just want to sell for as much as possible. Do your part by showing them what the highest price is right now.
Help them with staging and with preparing their home to minimize defects and play up assets. Help them to understand that they have to make their home look amazing if they want to sell it in this market.
Give them plenty of options. Offer to do more open houses and to do more marketing to help them sell their home as fast as possible.
The bottom line in a buyer's market is helping the seller understand what a buyer's market means to them. You have to be careful and you have to understand that sellers in a buyer's market are not always going to be happy people. Do your best to explain everything to them and help them in anyway you can.